An update on the knee/IT band: I tried out using the elliptical downstairs last night for 1/2 hour. I took it pretty slow because it started out pretty sore, but I was able to do the whole 30 minute fat burner setting.
Tonight, Tara and I took a walk for a little over 2 miles. I decided to perform a test and took my patellar tendon strap and wrapped it above my knee (instead of below where it goes) as if it were an IT band strap. It definitely improved feeling while I ran (I periodically left Tara and tried running for a 1/4 mile here and there) but it still bothered me after a few tenths of a mile. Not as bad as Sunday though…so I guess that’s a start. I ordered an *actual* IT band compression strap to try out on Amazon that I should get on Friday. The patellar strap was too tight because it’s not big enough for above the knee so it was a bit uncomfortable for it’s size.
I saw my doctor for my yearly physical yesterday so I asked her for a referral while I was there but couldn’t get a PT appt until next Friday, 9/27. I want it gone sooner rather than later, so I’m doing everything I can in the meantime. Ice, rest, elevation when possible, compression when possible, Advil when I need it and lots and LOTS of foam rolling. Going to figure out some stretches I can do that I’ve found online and see if that helps in the meantime.
1. My loving, sweet, beautiful, kind, caring wife. My best friend. My everything. You get the idea!
2. A roof over my head. I’ve worked very hard in my life and always wanted to have my own home. That dream finally came true 5 years ago when we bought our first home. We didn’t realize all the issues the previous owners had left us, but we couldn’t ask for better neighbors. It’s a really nice neighborhood.
3. Snuggles from my fur babies. We adopted them just over a year ago and I can’t imagine life if we hadn’t decided to adopt again.
4. Two of the best friends anyone could ask for.
5. Amazing family that supports me no matter what shenanigans I get into.
6. A job. I may not like it on most days, but I know how hard it is to find and keep one in this economy so I’m still glad to have one.
8. Dr. Sheldon Cooper.
9. Doctor Who.
10. Macintosh apples
And one extra for good measure…
11. I Can Has Cheezburger. You’re welcome.