I know I need to get my butt in gear and write a couple of race recaps, but I lack serious motivation. Right now, I’m still in the afterglow of finishing my first ever 10K yesterday (and my longest distance ever run to date).
For now, you get some fluff. I’d like to thank Talia at 52 Miles Per Month for a nomination for a Liebster Award and Bree at Running Breezy for a different blogger award (missed the name of it I think?). For Bree’s, I need to list 7 random facts and the remaining questions come from Talia.
In terms of rules, I’m throwing them out the window. Please just comment and answer anything you’d like. Or tell me a random fact. The floor is yours!
1. I love watching Matlock and Murder She Wrote reruns. I swear I’m 34. No, really.
2. I used to love eating peanut butter and cheese sandwiches. American cheese only. I’m not a weirdo or anything.
3. I used to have a VHS tape of recordings of Bob Ross’ Joy of Painting from PBS. I would turn it on and lay down to take a nap because his voice is ridiculously relaxing. I love happy little trees…and happy little squirrels… There are no mistakes, only happy accidents. OK – maybe I’ve seen too much.
4. One my cats (Delilah) and I have “tubby time” every day. She comes in the bathroom with me while I’m in the shower and she lays in the sink and let’s it drip on her and takes a bath. As soon as I open the shower curtain, she starts meowing at me until I pet her. That’s totally normal, right?
5. I’ve started a collection of coffee mugs, but I will only buy them if they are from somewhere on vacation or an adventure date with Tara.
7. I really like working out in the yard (yay Spring!!), but hate raking. Raking can go take a hike.
And now on to the questions as provided by Talia:
1. What inspires you on a day to day basis?! Other people. I’m not going to be able, nor do I want to, single out any particular person. Everyone has their own personal struggles and one day person A may inspire me and the next day person B will give me the kick in the ass I need to get over myself.
2. Why do you write? I write for accountability. For somewhere to put my feelings. I’m not a talker. I tend to bottle up and explode instead. I like looking back and seeing how far I’ve come (even if lately it’s nowhere).
3. How do you feel about exercise… Honestly?! I absolutely hate traditional exercise. I’d rather go for a hike or something so the exercise is disguised. I do it because I always feel better after the fact, but I find it boring most of the time and just want it to be over.
4. If you could wake up anywhere in the world where would you wake up and why? In one of those little huts on the water in Bora Bora. That’s where they are, right? Yeah. I want nothingness and relaxation.
5. You have a choice- you can ride a bike or walk. The distance isn’t far. What so you choose? I would walk. I hate riding bikes because the seats always hurt my butt/thighs.
6. What’s your go to beverage of choice? I drink water 98% of the time. If I have a craving for soda, it’s generally Dr. Pepper.
7. Describe a challenging obstacle you have faced and how you dealt with it: moving to RI to be with my love, without having a place to live or a job. We ended up paying some rent to her parents to live in their finished basement for 9 months and I managed to get a job within a month (ahh, the good ol’ days).
8. Describe a childhood memory that you believe shaped you. Christmases with my family. It is, and probably always will be, my absolute favorite holiday because it was so fun to be with everyone and just spend time together.
9. When you were a kid what did you imagine for your life by this point? I honestly have no idea. I guess I’ve never had dreams or goals for myself. When I was little, I wanted to be a veterinarian or physical therapist, but my math and science grades prevented me from thinking that would ever be possible. I also hated school, so there’s that. I did think I’d be married by this age, so there’s that.
10. What brings you the greatest joy in life? My wife. She can make me laugh like nobody else on the planet and takes care of me in every way imaginable. And music. Always music.
11. How do you like to spend your Sunday?! Doing absolutely nothing if at all possible.